Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Therapist
To empower survivors to heal, and engage all individuals and communities to address and prevent sexual assault and intimate partner violence.
This is a 10-hr part-time position. The Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault (DV/SA) Therapist is responsible for providing a broad range of counselling services, facilitations and training for interns and volunteer counselors. Ensure proper records, data entry and co-worker communication in order to maintain compliance and smooth agency operation.
MSW or MA in Psychology or Counseling; knowledge of or experience with adult, teen and child victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Ability to work flexible schedule. Ability to identify and meet the counseling needs of youth and adult non-resident victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Possesses skills in conducting one on one as well as group therapeutic modalities. Is skilled in Microsoft Word. Enjoys using creative approaches and developing curriculums to meet changing population needs. Group co-facilitation skills are preferred. Must be will and able to work with resistant populations as well as victims.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinates, develops and conducts support, educational or accountability groups as assigned by Counseling Program Director
- Assesses individual counseling needs (intakes/histories) of adult and child Counseling Program clients; provides counseling services for both domestic violence and sexual assault populations
- Provides counseling services on an individual and group basis to special target groups as assigned
- Assists in the planning and delivery of program services to adult & child Counseling Program clients
- Assists with training/support for student intern and volunteer counselors
- Assists with the development, distribution and collection of outcome evaluation tools.
- Completes monthly reports/statistics
- Maintains client paperwork/files; completes program forms to include all intake paperwork
- Assist in training and evaluation of student interns and volunteers as assigned by Counseling Program Director
- Accurate tracking of open and closed client files
- Assists with conducting focus groups to obtain client input into programming.
- Presents specialty group overviews to referral sources/including shelter as assigned.
- Contributes to written curriculum updates.
- Processes walk ins or high risk clients immediately.
- Responds to client calls within 24 hours during the work week
- Plans coverage for groups or individual clients when out of the office
- Plans and debriefs with co-facilitator when doing group work
- Participates in DV/SA month activities
- Participates in the systems change plan
- Manages time so majority is devoted to direct services
- Responds to subpoenas when required
- Works with development and community education to promote programming
- Keeps updated on community resources that assist populations served
- Documents safety planning with all victims
Benefits: HAVEN offers a generous benefit package for full-time employees including:
- Health Care
- 401K with employer match
- Vacation and holiday pay
- and more
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
To Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume and compensation requirements for consideration to email@example.com.
HAVEN is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or other marginalized identities. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are.