Prevention Education Specialist
HAVEN’s Mission: To eliminate sexual assault and domestic violence and to empower survivors through advocacy and social change in and around Oakland County.
Do you get excited at the idea of providing individuals (focusing on young women) with the opportunity to engage in an empowerment and violence prevention program through creative self-expression? We are looking for a Prevention Education Specialist to support HAVEN’s continued development, advancement, and implementation of a multi-session, girl-focused, leadership development program.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social service field or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of child sexual abuse, domestic violence, sexual assault, primary prevention principles
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing and delivering prevention education curriculum
- Skilled at public speaking and engaging a variety of age ranges, demographics, and mixed audiences
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
- Travel throughout Oakland County and surrounding communities required
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license
- Bi-lingual language skills
- Experience in webinar development
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare/schedule/deliver multi-session leadership development courses to middle/high school students, addressing primary principles in the prevention of domestic and sexual violence
- Prepare/schedule/deliver single-session prevention education programs on child sexual abuse, dating violence, sexual harassment, sexual assault, and HAVEN services to community groups and area schools, churches, civic and professional groups
- Identify and communicate organizational goals, services, and agency history to community and professional groups
- Act as community information liaison for HAVEN with primary goals focused on community education/awareness of domestic violence, sexual assault, child sexual abuse and related issues
- Assist and serves as backup in developing and delivering training programs to direct service personnel (i.e., police, judges, and hospital personnel) on the issues of domestic violence, sexual assault and child sexual abuse
- Represent HAVEN at specified conferences, functions, events, and committees
- Assists Program Coordinator in training and orientation of volunteers and student interns assigned to the Prevention Education Program
- Working closely with program staff to insure complete coverage
- Review available program related materials and develop additional program components as needed under the supervision and approval of the Program Director
- Prepare and submit accurate monthly data reports of program activities
- Provide outreach via social media blogs
- Maintain accurate data regarding number of presentations delivered
- Input and tabulate data analysis for schools as required by grant time frames, including administering surveys, code surveys, data input, tabulate and analyze data, report findings
- Prepare and submits reports to Director of Prevention Education and program funding agencies
- Must be able to travel within Oakland County and throughout Michigan as requested
- Ability to work within a varying schedule that changes frequently
Compensation & Benefits:
HAVEN offers a generous benefit package for full-time employees including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, short term disability insurance and 401K.
Competitive non-profit compensation
HAVEN is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or other marginalized identities. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are.
Are you ready to be part of our leading-edge prevention efforts? To apply for this position, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com Please include HAVEN and the position title in the subject line.
Visit our website at: www.haven-oakland.org