Each December at HAVEN, Oakland County’s only comprehensive nonprofit for the treatment and prevention of intimate partner violence and sexual assault, hundreds of volunteers come together for an extraordinary event called GIFT GIVEAWAY.
Unlike any other holiday giveaway or "adopt-a-family" program, GIFT GIVEAWAY empowers survivors, who have utilized HAVEN’s services in the past 12 months, to "shop" (for free) through hundreds of items that you and other caring community members donate. Volunteers accompany survivors and help them pick out special gifts for their children and themselves. It is a truly rewarding experience for everyone involved.
Last season, the support of caring community members like you made the holidays wonderful for 758 HAVEN clients who received gifts—218 adults and 540 children.
By getting involved in Gift Giveaway, you can bring joy to a survivor and their family this holiday season. Here's how you can help:
Give a gift:
- Collect new, unwrapped gifts and gift cards. Download our wish list here.
- Drop off your gift on December 9, 10, or 11 at HAVEN
- Accept donations and set up the gift room
- Organize and sort donations and take inventory
- Help clients with their "shopping" as a personal shopper
- Restock tables and keep things organized
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED DEC 9-13. To view our volunteer shift schedule, click here. To sign up for a volunteer shift, click here. If you have additional questions, please contact Christina Ramsey at 248-334-1284 ext. 459 or email email@example.com.